#NatureConnections Photo Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions prior to participating in #NatureConnections Photo Competition. By participating in the Competition each participant agrees to and accepts these Terms and Conditions.
- The Competition is open for participation from Monday 20th June 2016 until midnight Monday 29th August 2016.
- Winners will be announced on the Nature Connections Festival website and across social media channels – Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest. Nature Connections Festival team will notify the winners directly shortly after the Competition ends and the prizes will be awarded by Chris Packham at an allotted time that cannot be moved subject to his limited availability. This allocated time slot is between 19:00 – 21:00 Friday 9 September.
- The Prizes: There are 3 main prizes to win a signed copy of one of Chris Packham’s nature themed books – title to be confirmed. Each winner in each age category will receive a signed copy presented by Chris Packham on Friday 9 September. There will be 3 runner up prizes for each age category who will each receive 1 signed copy of Jini Reddy’s book ‘Wild Times: Extraordinary Experiences Connecting with Nature in Britain.’
All 3 selected winning and 3 runner-up photos will be displayed on the official Nature Connections website in a ‘Winners Gallery’.
- Competition organiser: The Competition is organised by the University of Derby team managing the Nature Connections Festival.
- Eligibility for Participation: All participants under 16 years old must seek parental or guardian permission to enter. All participants must live in the UK.
- The photographs: The participants must enter the Competition by providing photographs with a nature-theme through the Instagram app, marking each photo with the hashtag #NatureConnections.
The photographs must illustrate how the participant ‘Connects with nature’.
- How to enter: There are two entry mechanics based on age categories. Those over 16 may enter via email or via Instagram
Instagram entry process as follows:
Entrants must follow the official Nature Connections Instagram account to qualify.
They must upload a photo to Instagram which best represents how they ‘Connect to Nature’ using the hashtag #NatureConnections in the caption.
Those under 16 years of age must enter with permission from a parent or guardian and photos must be emailed to B.Reardon@derby.ac.uk.
Photos will be judged on quality, subject and relevance by the Nature Connections Festival judging panel. To be judged as part of the competition, the entries must include the mentioned hashtag.
8. Photographs must be the entrant’s original work.
- Personal Data: By participating in the Competition the Participants hereby consent to the entries being uploaded to the Nature Connections Festival website, and that the personal details provided by the Participants will be processed in order to administer the Competition. The Participant uploading the photos and completing the entry form is responsible for ensuring that he or she has the right to do so.
- Content policy for photo uploads: The Nature Connections Festival team reserve the right to reject entries to the Competition. All entries that are deemed inappropriate and/or offensive will not be considered. We reserve all rights to decide what is considered inappropriate and/or offensive.
- Other marketing purposes: The winner agrees that his or her photos may be used for general media and marketing purposes without remuneration.